Due to Covid-19 outbreak, citizens around the world are faced with the reality of carrying on every day routines within their home, including telecommuting and schooling. Staying home is essential for ‘flattening the curve’ and preventing the spread and potential exposure of Covid-19, but the change in routine is leaving many in unfamiliar territory- especially when it comes to leading a healthy lifestyle.
Keeping your immune system healthy year-round is key to preventing infection and disease. Probably the most precaution each of us must take is to augment the strength of our immune systems, equipping our body’s natural ability to mount an immune response to Covid-19.
Eric Sauer- Naturopathic Consultant & Licensed Pharmacist, RPh, NMD, has been in practice for over
25 years, and has made these suggestions to strengthen your immunity.
AUGMENTING YOUR IMMUNITY: FIGHTING COVID-19
(1) Protease- is an enzyme that breaks down protein substrates (it’s a known fact and protein in nature)
2-3 caps (empty stomach) 2XS Day. This is a strong antioxidant.
(2) Vitamin D3-supports the immune systems, most people are deficient in this supplement.
10,000 IU Adults
5,000 IU Teenagers
2,000 IU Toddlers
(3) Vitamin C- ALMA-C is very effective! This form contains both buffered C and Bioflavonoids.
Vitamin C- needs to be a combination for better absorption. Vitamin C also strengthens the capillaries
in our Red Blood Cells.
(4) Vitamin A- use 5,000 units a day in the form of cod liver oil, not beta carotene, if you are not sick, and 100,000 units a day for 4 days at the first sign of an illness
*Note: Pregnant women cannot take these doses
(5) Probiotic- is a great immune booster- look for one which contains multi-strains. This form is best because it supports the good bacteria in the gut. Probiotics are best taken at night on an empty stomach.
(6) Zinc- is very important when it comes to immune support. (30 mg. at bedtime) is sufficient. Taking more than 30 mg can be counterproductive since it can throw off copper levels.
(7) Digestive Enzymes- are extremely important to take with each meal. (2-3) is suggested.
Enzymes are essential for healthy digestion and a healthy body. They help with other chemicals in the body, such as the stomach acid bile, to help break down food into molecules for a wide range of bodily functions.
(8) CoQ10- Covid-19 is a virus which can also affect the heart. CoQ10 is a very effective co-enzyme for heart support.
(9) SuperVitazyme- is a Vegan supplement that contains vegetable and fruits to support healthy cells function.
2 are suggested with breakfast.
(10) Magnesium- is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It helps to maintain normal nerve and muscle function, supports a healthy immune system, keeps the heartbeat steady, and helps bones remain strong.
(500 mg is suggested at bedtime)
(11) Homeopathic- Virosode + Influenza combined support the body without any contraindications with medicine.
(8-10 drops of each daily for 7 days, then 2XS a week).
Ionized water- known as micro-water is also important. It’s more alkaline and is better absorbed into our cells.
You can read more about Ionized Water on our website: www.ericsnaturalpharmacy.com
Please be safe during these uncertain times in our Country, and in our world. Our only defense at this time is to wash our hands, keep it sanitizing at home, physically distancing ourselves from people, and keeping a strong immune system. “You are what you eat, however your health depends on what you digest”.
For more information call the Pharmacy at: 732. 695. 0277
-The Natural Pharmacy